Participate to win a new book by Maggie Price. All participants get a free digital issue of The Pastel Journal.
I’m sure most of the pastel artist have already heard about the new book Painting Light and Shadow with Pastels by Maggie Price. Rather than providing a one-size-fits-all recipe for painting light, this book shows you how to capture the particular ambient qualities of any scene before you, be it a gloriously clear morning, a rainy afternoon, or the joyful dance of sunlight on water. Master pastelist Maggie Price, together with five contributing artists, explores different styles, approaches and subjects, including landscapes, water scenes and people.
If you would like to play with light and shadow and share your work with us here is the pastel painting challenge for you.
- Download and read chapter one The Basic Principles of Light and Color.
- Choose any of the paintings from this chapter or use your own reference.
- Make a soft pastel painting with the clearly visible play of the light and shadow.
- Upload your painting to the Pastel News Facebook page by end of August 2011.
- I will chose one of the participants randomly to win a paper copy of the book.
- All participants get a free digital issue of The Pastel Journal.
- Your work and link to your site will stay on the Facebook page and in the Gallery on this website.
If you don’t have a Facebook account you can e-mail your work to email@example.com
The Basic Principles of Light and Color’ is an excerpt from Painting Sunlight & Shadow with Pastels copyright (c) 2011 Maggie Price. All materials used by permission of F+W Media. All rights reserved